Welcome

A curiosity shop is a place of odds and ends in a wide range of categories. One never knows what one will find on any visit, and that is the goal of this blog. Here you'll find postings on doings around Easton, the world's environment, history, recipes, fly fishing, books, music, and movies with many other things thrown in as well. Hope you enjoy it and keep coming back.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Drafted, Diet, and Permaculture

 A busy day so a short posting. The Easton Historical Society has an open house today, and I'll be spending my time working with our new computer, researching some issues for the Hall of Fame, and starting work on a new project. Al Smart and a Select Committee have been working to generate a list of all the men who served in the Revolutionary War in hopes of creating a long overdue memorial for these folks who fought to found our country. Once upon a time in the age before desktop computers I had just such a record in notebooks and cards. Now I'll be starting from scratch on a spreadsheet.

The great diet experiment also starts tomorrow so I have to figure out what to eat in my three meals, two snacks and 2,000 calories. Goldfish are definitely on the snack menu.

I promised a blog on permaculture over the weekend, but the research has gotten away from me. Lots of stuff out there. I recommend starting with the Wikipedia entry. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment